Bean IT are here to support you and keep your business working, however, we are sure you appreciate that the safety of our technicians is very important to us. All of our team are setup to work from home and calls and emails are being attended to as fast as possible. We have been deluged with calls and emails to support many of you who are now having to work from home and we are working through the requests as quickly as possible, but we do ask for your patience at this time.
Aside from setting up and assisting with home working environments, we’re aware that companies and individuals are seeing a large increase in attempts to breach security and privacy during this pandemic. With so many people now working from home, hackers have stepped up their attacks and we are seeing an increase in breaches.
Protect yourself and your business by adhering to the following:
- Be aware of suspicious communications and stay on the lookout for the following:
- Suspicious sender’s addresses e.g. small deviations from the address of a reputable company
- Generic greetings and signatures e.g. “Hello Madam/Sir”, “Dear customers!”
- Spoofed hyperlinks and websites – if you hover your cursor over any links in the body of the email and the links do not match the text that appears when hovering over them
- Poor spelling and layout
- Suspicious attachments
- Unsolicited email requesting a user to download and open an attachment
- Do not click on links in external email or social media that are related to COVID-19 or the potential economic downturn from unknown sources
- Use passwords that are not easily guessed e.g. your name or date of birth or home number. Your password should have 8+ characters for example 5L1ttleducks
- If you have not changed your password recently (in the last 60 days), now is a good time to do it
- Ensure your home Wi-Fi is password protected
- Set phones & devices on auto-lock
Please forward this email on to your colleagues to ensure that they are doing everything possible to keep the business running smoothly and your data safe.
As always, we are here to support your IT needs, do let us know if you have any concerns.